WVCC no longer accepts old computer equipment. Here are a few alternatives to drop donations or recycle old technologies.
Donate your old computers and other technologies
- Westec Recyclers is a full service electronic recycler. A list of acceptable items is available on their website. Phone 602-256-7626
- StRUT – Metrocenter – Students Recycling Used Technology, Metrocenter Radio Shack, rear parking lot. Wednesdays 9 AM to 3PM. Phone 480-222-4066
- Data Doctors located at 6750 W Deer Valley in the Sprouts Plaza. Phone 623-566-9000; Phoenix location at 13240 N 7th Street, Suite #9, Phoenix, AZ 85022. Both accept computers and monitors, but not the old CRTs.
Donate old cell phones
- Cellphones for Soldiers Helping Heroes Home provides one-time emergency grants to aid returning veterans in need. This program is funded by recycling cell phones, smart phones and tablets. Drop off at Credit Union West Arrowhead, 20155 N 67th Ave, Glendale, or Credit Union West Cactus, 6777 W Cactus Rd, Peoria AZ firstname.lastname@example.org 678-580- 1976 for more locations.
- Sun City Sheriff’s Posse collects used Cell Phones and passes the phones on to be used as 911 phones. The recipients may be battered women and other needy persons. Call for drop-off locations 623-972-2555 (Note: Westbrook Posse does not have this program).
- HopeLine from Verizon helps support victims and survivors of domestic violence while ensuring phones are reused in a responsible way. Drop off at a Verizon Wireless Store. (Call your provider if not Verizon to see if they have similar program).
- org 911 Cell Phone Bank was created to provide an ongoing and readily available source of 911 emergency cell phones and funds to meet the unexpected and urgent needs of participating law enforcement and affiliated victim services agencies. http://www.911cellphonebank.org/about.asp Call for pickup 866-290-7864
- Call your favorite charity to see if they have cell phone donation programs that benefit need or other worthwhile causes.