AZ Tax Aide
AARP Tax Aide is the nation’s largest, volunteer-run FREE tax assistance and preparation service. Free to anyone, geared toward low to moderate income taxpayers, 60 years and older. The AARP FOUNDATION program assists taxpayers to file personal income tax returns and volunteers answer tax questions confidentially. The Program began at Westbrook Village in 2002, and to date more than 15,000 returns have been prepared. With strong support from the WVA Board and the Village Residents, WVCC provides their facilities, computers, and printers at no cost to AARP.
More Information at http://www.aztax-aide.org
Before You Come:
- Understand what AARP Volunteers can and cannot do. First read What AARP Foundation Tax-Aide can do for you today
- First come, first served, about 25 returns prepared daily
- No Food, No Drinks policy strictly enforced
- Federal and AZ state returns will be e-filed
- All other state returns EXCEPT: CA, NY, MA will be paper filing (you will receive 2 copies)
Facility Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings 7:30-12.
Tax Form Preparation runs from February 1st through April 16th, 2018 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. until 12:00 noon in the Lakes Recreation Center computer rooms. Please note that no returns will be started after 11:00 am or when the capacity is reached for the day. The site closing time will be determined by the site coordinator.